Connect with Us!
MEET THE STARS OF
Meet Mia Fernanda
The nomadic student whose parents couldn’t find a modern and high standard education in Panama…
With a firm determination, Mia Fernanda’s parents decided to look for a better education alternative for their daughter, a modern education where their daughter’s strengths were reinforced, an education where children are not measured as grades but as individual beings with the characteristics that make each human being different. The frustration (but at the same time the determination of Mia Fernanda’s parents) led them to even leave their daughter out of their first school for 7 months while finding a worthwhile education alternative, both in the academic system as in the economic.
After a long time looking and analyzing for a better and different alternatives, it was in this way that Mia Fernanda’s parents arrived at The Casco School, where their daughter is today an outstanding and happy student.
Read more stories and see our kids in action!
Each day our team of dedicated chefs prepare a hot, nutritious lunch for children and teachers. We understand the importance of a healthy diet for all. Each day the students have a morning snack of a fruit salad, lunch is prepared fresh onsite each day and then afternoon snack consists of fruit also. Lunch is served family style. The children wash their hands and then sit with their friends and teachers at a table. Our family style lunch teaches table manners, encourages children to be independent and have a social and pleasurable meal.
Learn more about how our safety measurements has gotten better and better for our children and staff…
School Bus & Private Cabs
Reliable and affordable services that have been working with the school for many years.
HEALTHY LIFE STYLE
At The Casco School, we understand the need for everyone in our school to have a healthy lifestyle. This helps pupils and staff to do their best and build on their achievements. We actively promote physical and emotional health, and aim to equip pupils with the understanding and skills they need to make informed decisions about their health, both now and in the future. By championing healthy eating, healthy lifestyles and emotional health and well-being, we are aiming to continue to raise standards and improve levels of pupil achievement.
The Casco School Wellbeing Definition
- Student wellbeing is critical.
- We should aim to develop in young people the resources, agility and imagination needed to live productively and sustainably.
- By embracing change our students will see challenges and setbacks as exciting learning opportunities.
The Wellbeing programme supports both the school’s mission and objectives, and aims to:
- Develop transferable skills in compassionate thinking and self-management.
- Develop skills to resolve conflict peacefully.
- Promote the development of physical health, ethics and social behaviour.
- Encourage lifelong learning.
- Provide an environment where students feel secure and welcome.
- Promote respect for the rights of everyone.
The school encourages everyone in the school community to promote and maintain appropriate conduct, and this is characterized as behavior which:
- Values and respects the rights of others, including the right to learn.
- Fosters a happy, safe and secure environment.
- Recognizes that each member of the community is unique.
- Treats others fairly.
- Expects members of the community to take responsibility for their actions.
- Promotes compassion and tolerance.
- Develops skills for peaceful resolution of conflict.
- Values and respects others and their differences.
- Addresses inappropriate behavior.
- Upholds the school’s mission, objectives and ethos.
We have circle times, discussions and personal, social and emotional lessons to explore different themes such as conflict resolution, setting goals, healthy eating and healthy lifestyle habits. We work with students and families to ensure our school is a happy place for all.